Friday, January 21, 2011

Home Cookin'

     I cooked today.  It always reminds me of the kitchen where I learned to cook, and the woman who taught me.  It makes me sad sometimes when I cook to know she’s so far away now, but it’s that good kind of sad.  The kind of sad that you are grateful for because it means you had someone to care about and who cares about you.  And for just a moment you can catch a glance of those days in the corner of your eye.  I catch my breath and try to hold on to that warm Colorado sunshine lightly falling through the window; the dust dancing along the air.  I strain to hear the kids who are as close as brothers and sister out in the yard laughing and fighting like we all do as kids.  The dry air was perfect for baking, and I was honored to be there.  I smile as I remember my friends, my family, my home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment